List of Ingredients (Serves 8 as an aperitif)
- 16 King pranws
- 1 clove of garlic (or more if you like)
- 5 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil (can do with a bit more)
- 4 tablespoons of good wine or apple vinegar
- 1 chili (or half red & half green for a contrast in the colours)
- Some thyme or oregano
- 1 small red onion
- 3-4 table spoons of parsley
1. Crush the garlic, finely chop the chili.
2. You can peel the shrimps and use them raw, if you do that you should take advantage of the peels to add extra taste to your dish. Add them on a pan with a tiny bit of water and gently cook them to get some lovely juices out. If you don't want to use the King prawns raw on the dish then place them on a pan and cook them for about a minute and save the lovely juices when you peel them. Be sure to remove the black line, which is the intestine and it tastes bitter.
3. Mix all of the ingredients in a container, cover it up and keep it in the fridge for 24 hours. You will need to stir it up every few hours and make sure that the juices are covering the prawns.
4. Cover it up with some cling film and put it in the fridge for at least 4 hours before serving.
5. Serve with some great bread and add some freshly chopped parsley on them.