List of Ingredients (Serves 8 as a starter)
- 400 gr of oyster mushrooms
- 2 cloves of garlic (or more if you like)
- 3 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons good balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of savory or thyme or oregano
- 3 table spoons of parsley finely chopped.
1. Give the mushrooms a wipe, use a wet towel and wipe them, don't rinse them with water they will absorb it and you will have a soup when you fry them.
2. Start preparing your balsamic vinegar reduction, heat up a small pot add 3 table spoons or balsamic vinegar and one teaspoon of sugar. You don't want to bring it to a full boil, you want to reduce and have a thin syrup.
3. On a none-stick frying pan or a wok heat up the olive oil on low temperature and add the garlic. Give it two minutes and then add the mushrooms.
4. Add the savory or thyme and season with black pepper and salt. Make sure your mushrooms are nicely cooked and brown on all sides.
5. Serve them hot, topped with the balsamic vinegar reduction and some finely chopped parsley.