List of Ingredients (Serves 8 as starter)
- 300 gr of asparagus tips
- 100 gr of Goats cheese
- 4 slices of bacon
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons of sugar
- Some thyme or oregano
1. Chop the asparagus in 3 equal parts.
2. Cut the bacon in 2 cm long slices.
3. In a hot frying pan, add the bacon and sautee for a 4-5 minutes, add the asparagus and cook until it's just perfect enough for you. It should be crunchy but not raw, usually 10 minutes are enough.
4. Crumble the goats cheese with your hands and reserve on the side.
5. In a small saucepan, add the balsamic vinegar and the sugar. When it comes to a boil lower the heat and cook for 7-10 minutes to get a reduction.
5. Serve the asparagus and bacon while it is warm. Add the goats cheese, the thyme or oregano, the balsamic reduction, and a drizzle of olive oil.